The Word became flesh

Merry Christmas y'all! This day I remind myself that it is all about Christ. Yes the Christmas lights, decorations, gifts, food and all are exciting! And it does give us the Christmassy feeling. Also I admit that it'd be quite boring without these. But it is to begin and end with all about Christ and what He accomplished. Every thing else we do in celebration comes in between I suppose. Last night it dawned on me so heavily that I owe my life to Christ. I cannot even begin to comprehend how much He has saved me. Not to sound cheesy and all but He is the Hero of my life. And then it also dawned on me that He loves me, and I love Him because He first loved me! Yes He first loved me, it is incredible. Christmas is about this love that He has for everybody on earth as I know He has for me, which is why He laid aside His majesty to come to us in such humility. Now what kind of God is this who does such a thing? How can I keep myself from being in awe of this God? Actually it is more like He is love. And He loves you. If you don't see it I pray you will soon know it like I know it right now (It is very human to forget, though, so I have to remind myself or be reminded now and then). So today and everyday of my life my praises and worship will go to Him. I celebrate Him, the Word become flesh. Jesus, I love You.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:1-5 (NASB)

Comments

Popular Posts