Blessed

It's been a few days since I got back from Leh. My tan is still intact, and so are the little things that changed inside of me from my time there. A couple of unexpected things happened of which the trip itself was one. I was under the impression I wasn't going, but then I did. Divine providence, literally. I did not expect it too much, but God gave it anyway. The other unexpected thing, the utterly surprising one, I cannot talk about, unfortunately. It is one of those things you keep to yourself because it is wiser that way and serves the greater good. (Thank God for good friends, though, because telling them is like keeping it to oneself, only, it's an extension of oneself.) Albeit the complaints I have made about how confusing life has been and how I seem to be stuck, I must admit that in spite of all that I am largely blessed. This trip made me see that clearer. Mostly, I have had the privilege to reflect on life without having to worry about my bodily survival. No big responsibilities to shoulder and instead, receiving. But there is a time to give, too. This is where the Leh trip fits in. I was able to give a little bit of myself and that completely refreshed me. It is funny how when we give we are actually extending of ourselves to others and we only become more, if you know what I mean. 

Before I confuse you any further, let me tell you a little more about the trip and the purpose it was made. My friends from church and I made the trip to be with the Moravian community there, mostly to spend time with the youth, teaching and learning. I got to interact with some of the girls and all that time I was reminded of when I was younger and I knew in my heart I had something valuable to share with them. I hope the relationships built between us would continue. Giving, without much thought of where it is going could be futile, I believe. So recognizing the right place to give is crucial. And I think this one hit the mark. And I am blessed more by it. There have been times in my life when I gave much of myself and was only drained by it. But now I know there is this one kind of giving that drains and the other that fills you up, and I'd choose the latter any given day. We'd all do us good choosing that. And of course, I received much too from this trip. Money (that made the trip possible for me in the first place), abundance and beauty in nature, stories and friendships. I am blessed indeed. And the more I see it, the further more the blessings. I suppose perspective can change a lot of things. There is so much more that can be said, but I think I'll leave it at this now.

Comments

Popular Posts