A woman of God

I am reminded of what my Mom told us once about how her life has been a life of waiting, and that she felt that God was encouraging her to continue waiting in confidence that she will have all the desires of her heart. I remember being amazed at how accepting she was, thinking how I would hate it if I had to keep waiting for so long, and even a little irked reasoning it was simply unfair for her. But I think I also knew then, as I definitely know now, that the patience and faith she exemplified to us then could only come from an intimate relationship with God, her Father. And I am encouraged and feel proud that I have been blessed with a mother like her. A strong and faithful woman of God that I can look to for inspiration. God bless my mother.
A woman of God..
|Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.| Proverbs 31:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts