A tragic little story

Hi. It’s been a long long time. I no longer have the discipline to keep my blog updated. But I am finally here to tell you a tragic story. A tragic story of a girl, who has just come back to Leh after a nice two and a half months long break. And thanks to the electricity that is finally back, I am able to type this story out without any fear of the laptop running out of battery. I don't need electricity for my internet connection to work, but my smartphone that serves as my WiFi hotspot does. So that's another reason to be thankful for the electricity supply. Funny how you realise the importance of certain things only when you are deprived of it.

So this is how the story goes: Power cuts from around 11 am to 5 pm every single day, and some days even the whole night starting from 9:30-10 pm to the wee hours in the morning when nobody has any business waking up. Weather conditions outside: thick clouds envelop the small town with an excuse of a sun teasing its inhabitants for a few minutes every other day. Temperatures fall as low as -17 degree Celsius. There is nothing to do, nowhere to go and the girl doesn't get back to work in a week. She had hoped she would start work today. This is the tragic life of the girl who returned to Leh. For one last time.

This has turned out to be a very short story. Sometimes there aren't words enough to express the agony.

Comments

Popular Posts